Street-Level Youth Media educates Chicago’s urban youth in media arts and emerging technologies for use in self-expression, communication, and social change. Street-Level’s programs build critical thinking skills for young people who have been historically neglected by public policy makers and mass media.
Using video and audio production, graphic design, digital photography, and the Internet, Street-Level youth address community issues, access advanced communication technology, and gain inclusion in our information-based society.
Street-Level empowers urban youth through media and digital arts. We offer:
- FREE after-school and summer media arts programming year-round for youth ages 8 to 22
- Professional teaching artists leading workshops in audio, video, digital photography, and graphic design
- New West Town location at 1637 N. Ashland Ave., near the corner of North & Ashland Avenues
- The ONLY professional-level, community-based recording studio open to all youth in Chicago
- Two computer labs with over 30 Macs and industry-standard software
- School-based programming for Chicago elementary & high schools