BENEFITING: No Barriers
ORGANIZER: Boltz and Blevins
EVENT: NBY Expeditions 2017
EVENT DATE: Jan 15, 2016
Boltz and Blevins 2016 wrote -
Help Blevins and Boltz student go on a transformative experience to Costa Rica in January 2016.
This is the first time two schools have collaborated together in Poudre School District to provide this unique opportunity. Any donations made to the entire group are tax deductible. Students are also selling subway cards, running a donut and coffee fundraiser, among many more. Read below for program details and contact Gabby Wymore at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Explore Costa Rican culture as you work alongside locals on a meaningful service project.
- Experience majestic beaches, explore the rainforest and cruise through the cloud forest on zip-lines as you experience the myriad ecosystems and incredible biodiversity this tiny country has to offer.
- Immerse yourself in the animated “Pura Vida” lifestyle that makes Costa Rica known for its vibrant culture worldwide.
- Explore how you are a part of a larger, interconnected world and understand how your actions have an impact on the world around you.
- Bring the lessons learned in Costa Rica home through service in your own community.
Full of adventure, beauty, captivating culture and rich biodiversity, Costa Rica has everything you could ask for in an educational travel destination. It’s small in size and well-traveled, making it one of the best countries on Earth for student groups. The Sustainable Tropics program brings us to several lesser-known learning spots in some of Costa Rica’s most enticing destinations and immerses us in three different ecosystems. We search for all kinds of wildlife and learn about the successful sustainable development strategies that have made Costa Rica famous for conservation and ecotourism. We also interact with rural community members while working with the Costa Rican Humanitarian Foundation and have the chance to give back through service projects. Traveling by foot, kayak, boat, canopy walkway and zip-line, we truly experience this wonderful country up close and personal.
Information about No Barriers Youth
At No Barriers Youth we are dedicated to creating moments that challenge students’ perspectives of the world and inspire them to make it a better place. Our unique educational model equips students to explore culture, global issues and service leadership for a deeper understanding of the world, to discover their personal interests and to tackle community issues with passion and wisdom. These remarkable journeys develop leadership, innovation, curiosity, confidence and resilience in students as they seek to understand their place in the world.