Skip to content
heatherekola's profile image - click for profile

Heather Ekola's Fundraiser:

Boston to Provo for the Richard Family

Heather's Photo

BENEFITING: MYTEAM TRIUMPH

EVENT: RUNNING A FEW MILES IS THE LEAST WE CAN DO

EVENT DATE: May 04, 2013

Heather Ekola

THE STORY:

This site is dedicated to raising money for the Richard Family with the loss of their 8 year old son and severely injured daughter and wife.

By now, you're probably sick & tired of hearing about me. But for those who don't know who I am, read on. For those who do know me, just donate already. You know you want to.

I ran the Boston marathon with the most incredible team. I ran as part of the 2013 Boston marathon team Team Hoyt. Dick & Rick Hoyt, along with many team members, were at mile 25 of the marathon when we were stopped by police and told we could go no further. By this point, we knew bombs had gone off at the finish line, and that the race was over, but we had no idea of the events that were unfolding on TVs all over the country and all over the world. All of us at mile 25 had friends and family at the finish line.

I'll spare you the rest of the day's events, but please know that running the Boston marathon for every Team Hoyt member had nothing to do with running for a PR (personal record). It had nothing to do, really, with running a marathon. It had everything to do with being part of something bigger than ourselves. We ran for those who can't. And we will continue to do so.

I will be running the Provo City Marathon on May 4th to raise money for the Richard Family. Administrative costs of this site will take 10% of the money donated, and the other 90% goes directly to the Richard Family. As with any money I've ever raised through running, not one dime will go to support my race efforts.

The last 1.2 miles of the marathon I dedicate to Dick & Rick Hoyt and the 2013 team. No marathon should go unfinished.

Thank you for being part of something bigger than yourself.

Heather
"Yes You Can!"

$1,062

MONEY RAISED
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  • The Barnett's

    $50

  • Graham family

    $90

  • The Stapleton Family

    $126

  • Hoblet Family

    $100

  • Anonymous

    $50

  • Heather Ekola Fan Club!

    $30

  • Mom

    $126

  • Wendy Graham Conley

    $20

  • Heather's Canary Fund

     

  • Lisa & Erika Smith

    $25

  • The Watts Family

    $20

  • Bill& Marcia Seiter

    $15

  • Peggy Rueth

    $25

  • Your Team Hoyt friends

    $50

  • Laura Clark Zumbathon

    $325

  •  
  •  
  •  

Donor Comments

Laura Clark Zumbathon

Laura Clark Zumbathon

DONATION: $325

4 years ago

Your Team Hoyt friends

Your Team Hoyt friends

DONATION: $50

4 years ago

Peggy Rueth

Peggy Rueth

DONATION: $25

4 years ago

Bill& Marcia Seiter

Bill& Marcia Seiter

DONATION: $15

4 years ago

The Watts Family

The Watts Family

DONATION: $20

4 years ago

Lisa & Erika Smith

Lisa & Erika Smith

DONATION: $25

Erika still wants to hear the singing even tho you already reached the $600 goal. 4 years ago

Heather's Canary Fund

Heather's Canary Fund

4 years ago

Wendy Graham Conley

Wendy Graham Conley

DONATION: $20

4 years ago

Mom

Mom

DONATION: $126

In memory of your dad, Heather. He'll be watching you. I wish you well always! Love, Mom 4 years ago

Heather Ekola Fan Club!

Heather Ekola Fan Club!

DONATION: $30

You are more like your heroes (Team Hoyt) than you realize! Love you! 4 years ago