BENEFITING: Women's Housing and Economic Development Corp.
EVENT DATE: May 12, 2016
Women's Housing and Economic Development Corp. wrote -
Instead of dressing down for charity, dress up! Show your support for WHEDco by wearing a bow tie, hair bow or other bow accessory on Thursday, May 12th. Donate $10 (or more!) to participate and let your colleagues, friends and family know why you're doing it. Invite them to support the cause, as well!
Then, join us for happy hour after work and show off your bow tie! Location: TBD.
For nearly 25 years, WHEDco has worked to create thriving communities in the South Bronx, the poorest urban Congressional District in the country. Each year, WHEDco's Education and Youth Development Initiatives foster high academic achievement and provide wrap-around Family Support & Counseling Services for over 1,300 school-aged children, ensuring that they have the resources that every child needs to succeed and that so many of us take for granted. Our After School and Summer Programs offer:
- Academic Enrichment Activities, including English Language Arts and STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering & Math)
- Arts Enrichment Activities, including Latin percussion, violin, dance, and drama
- Guidance around the NYC High School Application process
- College Access, including SAT prep, campus tours, internship opportunities, and assistance securing financial aid
- Peer-Led Sexual and Reproductive Health Education
- Trips to Arts & Cultural Institutions around NYC, such as the American Museum of Natural History, the Bronx Zoo, and the NY Hall of Science