What is the NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K?
The NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K is part of July’s National Fragile X Awareness Month “Let ‘Em Know” campaign!
The 5K is a virtual run/walk to help raise awareness and funds for Fragile X from anywhere in the world! Ask anyone who’s participated: This is one of the easiest ways to raise awareness for Fragile X, so why not give it a shot?
It isn’t about how fast you are. It’s about what you can do to raise awareness and “Let ’Em Know” about Fragile X.
It isn’t about how fast you are, it’s about raising awareness for fragile x. Lace up and “Let ’Em Know”!
- Click on "JOIN this Event"
- Select "REGISTER for the Event"
- Complete the forms and you're ready to go!
And we have prizes! Read on….
What does “virtual run/walk” mean?
Because there is no single organized event, you can run or walk (bike, hop or skate, whatever you like!) the 3.1 miles (5K) all at once or over the course of a week or the entire month, anywhere, anytime! You do not have to report or verify your miles, it’s all on the honor system.
What we do want is for you to share your awareness success – while you are out, take pictures with your LEK Race shirt and share it with us through social media! (see below).
Only folks who register to participate will receive a custom-designed, collectible athletic race shirt and NFXF Let ’Em Know 5K race bib. Donors to your fundraising page, will not receive a shirt unless they register themselves.
Not interested in running, walking or strolling?
We've got you covered! You can create a personal fundraising page for no cost and still be entered in the prize drawings! Just click on "Join This Event" and then select "Start a Fundraiser".
Please note: Only run/walk participants who register will receive the official race shirt and bib.
We have two Grand Prizes this year. One for the most money raised by an individual and one for the individual who has greatest number of donors to their personal page. Each winner will receive a $250 Amazon Gift Card!
For the first time this year we also have individual incentives as you reach the $100, $250, $500 and $1000 levels. Prizes include custom LEK15 keychain, NFXF Koozies, car magnet and Tervis Tumbler water bottle. Prizes will be automatically mailed each week starting in July.
Each individual personal fundraising page under the NFXF “Let ’Em Know” event on Crowdrise from now through July 31 will automatically be eligible to win.
Be sure to see “Tips” below for ways to increase your efforts.
Click Here for National Fragile X Foundation Award Details.
Get started today… the sooner, the better!
- Register* by June 12th to ensure you receive a NFXF Let ’Em Know 5K race shirt and bib # by choosing “Join this Event" and "Register for the Event."
- Create your personal Fundraising Page by choosing “Start a Fundraiser”
- Share your personal Fundraising page with your personal network of family, friends, colleauges, etc.
- Put on your official NFXF “Let ‘em Know” race shirt, lace up and hit the road on your own virtual 5k. Have friends and family join you for support and to create more awareness than ever before.
- Take and post pictures to share them on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram using #NFXFLetEmKnow. Don’t forget to send photos to NFXF and your local Community Support Network.
*Note: Participants must register by June 12 to guarantee their shirt will arrive in the mail by July 1. Limited sizes are available, so please order today!
- Set a goal! A $100 goal is as simple as ten $10 donations from friends! A $500 goal can be met with twenty-five $20 donations from friends!
- Think big and encourage your family and friends to support your efforts!! You may even win a grand prize!!
- Share your photos along with a fundraising update showing the progress toward reaching your goal!
Complete your run or walk by July 31, 2015.
Please check with your doctor regarding your ability to physically participate if you have not regularly exercised in the last 12 months prior to the NFXF Let ‘Em Know 5K. Your doctor will probably suggest there is no time like the present to start getting active!
But be smart, don’t stress and stay healthy—we want you running or walking for Fragile X for a long time to come! All donations to your personal fundraising page benefiting the NFXF on the Crowdrise website are tax-deductible!