DEADLINE TO GIVE: Jan 30, 2018 12:00:00 PM EST
Breakthru is excited to announce, in support of its ‘Community’ strategic pillar, this year’s Hockey Invitational has added a fundraising component to help us continue being a force for good in the community. Players have the option to help fundraise for a very important cause.
We are collaborating with Chicago Blackhawks Charities, whose initiatives seek to positively impact the lives of local citizens, youth and families by focusing on health, wellness, education and housing.
Their First Stride Program is one of the initial programs at the new MB Ice Arena Chicago Blackhawks Community Rink.
The First Stride Program will:
- Create a unique opportunity to teach ice hockey to underserved communities through both on-ice instruction as well as an interactive STEM program classroom session
- Be the bridge program that converts local 4th and 5th grade G.O.A.L. (Get Out And Learn) students to Learn to Skate participants who have never tried ice hockey before
- Offer a classroom session of learning STEM (science, technology, engineering, and math) through interactive NHL EverFi program as well as an Ice Session transitioning floor hockey skills to learning to skate
- Begin in January 2018 at the new state-of-the-art MB Ice Arena facility utilized for practice by the Chicago Blackhawks, visiting NHL teams and for the community to enjoy
- Serve 5,800 students its first year and 11,500 students in 2018-2019.
You can help by making a small donation today!
Thank you for taking the time to read this and for supporting us ice hockey to an underserved community.