BENEFITING: Center in Asbury Park Inc
EVENT DATE: Sep 17, 2016
On September 17, 2016, The Center in Asbury Park will host its first annual AIDS Bike Ride fundraiser. The Bike Ride starts and finishes at The Center in Asbury Park. Enjoy beautiful coastal views on flat terrain with cyclists of all ages and riding abilities to support The Center in Asbury Park. This 25 mile ride travels through the iconic seaside towns of Asbury Park, Loch Arbour, Allenhurst, Deal, Long Branch, Monmouth Beach, and Oceanport. SAG (Support And Gear) vehicles will accompany and assist the riders and crew while on the route.
We encourage each rider to raise a minimum amount of $100. The Center will also fundraise in your name using a direct mail marketing campaign to our 3,500 constituents, E-mail Blast through The Center website, The Asbury Park Chamber of Commerce & The Belmar Chamber of Commerce.
If you would like information on becoming a Center AIDS Bike Ride Sponsor, please contact Patsy Vornhagen at 732-774-3416 x115.
Your participation will help those who face the challenges of HIV/AIDS every day. All registration fees, rider sponsorships, and donations go directly to The Center in Asbury Park.
September 17, 2016 * 10am
The Center in Asbury Park
806 3rd Ave Asbury Park, NJ 07712
About The Cause
The Center in Asbury Park, Inc., is a volunteer based New Jersey not-for-profit service organization, providing support services for people living with HIV/AIDS and their caregivers. The Center in Asbury Park offers its clients and volunteers a safe haven in order to instill a sense of community and stability in their lives. The Center fulfills its mission by providing:
- Housing Programs: Center House, a permanent residence to 25 individuals living with HIV/AIDS; Emergency placement for homeless individuals; Rental and Utility subsidies to prevent homelessness
- Nutrition Programs: Emergency Food and Nutrition pantry; Meals to Go, frozen home-cooked meals; a daily lunch program; Monthly Sunday dinners
- Referral Services: Empowering clients by providing connection to other service providers and programs
- Transportation Services: Provide transportation for medical and other needs
- Education: Lecture and forums for clients, staff and volunteers
Click Here for the Rider Pledge Form.
Click Here for Sponsorship Opportunities.
Click Here for Advocate Sponsors.