EVENT DATE: Sep 01, 2013
Tucked in a massif of rugged mountains and volcanoes in East Java, Indonesia, the first annual Bromo Marathon will take place on Sunday, September 1st, 2013 in the villages surrounding Bromo-Tengger-Semeru Nat’l Park.
But the Bromo Marathon is more than just a race, it’s a total community effort aimed to provide an opportunity to improve education, health, and economic prosperity throughout the many low-income, low resource communities inhabiting the region.
As a 100% for charity event, this year’s Bromo Marathon Goal is to advocate the importance of literature, critical thinking and creativity through reading – with all proceeds of the event going to the support of local schools through the development and advancement of school library facilities in the surrounding communities. In improving literacy, the Bromo Marathon aims to enhance academic performance, develop professional and intellectual capacities, and promote reading as a culture for education and leisure by strengthening resources available for the students, teachers, and staff.
It promises to be a challenging, yet rewarding race in both the areas of personal achievement and philanthropic contribution. Help us make this MORE than just a race!
What one donation will provide:
1. $5 Provides one bundle of pencils, pens, stationary, etc.
2. $10 Provides one book, puzzle, or other critical thinking resource to stock the shelves of the library
3. $20 Provides one chair to furnish the library’s communal learning area or private study space
4. $30 Provides one personal desk to furnish library’s private study space
5. $50 Provides one large table to furnish the library’s communal learning area
6. $75 Provides one set of periodicals
7. $150 Provides one work counter for the circulation area for checking material in and out.
8. $100 Provides one electronic book scanner
9. $150 Provides one 2x3 meter bookshelf
10. $200 Provides one high quality, reliable printer/scanner
11. $250 Provides one 1-day group training session with master library technician
12. $500 Provides one computer for cataloging library contents or for use as a learning resource
13. $1,000 Provides one 1-week group training session with master library technician