Brooklyn Barbell Club Youth Athletic Camp
Organized by: Joey Swidler
From August 17th - August 23rd, the Brooklyn Barbell Club (BBC) will host a strength and conditioning intensive with a focus on Olympic Weightlifting for varsity and junior varsity high school athletes.
There are several goals of this intensive:
1) Provide a home for varsity/jr. varsity teen athletes to grow during the offseason
2) Make continuing education a reality for financially at-risk teens through athletic development
3) Unleash untapped talent and introduce teens to a Olympic Weightlifting in which competing at the National or International level is attainable
The cost per out-of-area athlete is $1450. We are looking to fundraise for 10 athletes. This price includes:
- 30 hours of coached small group training
- Orientation dinner and closing rooftop BBQ
- Breakfast, lunch, dinner, training session snacks, and water, and lunch
- Local chaperoned accommodations
- Transportation to and from the airport
- Guest coaching by high level industry athletes and coaches
- Participant t-shirt
- Two afternoons of NYC sight seeing and local events
- Evening swimming
Suggested donation levels:
- $1450 - Platinum - Donation covers the full cost of one athlete to attend.
- $725 - Gold - Donation covers half the cost of one athlete to attend.
- $200 - Silver
- $100 - Bronze
- $50 - Friend of Steve's Club NYC
Please take a moment to watch our fundraising video to meet the coaches and get a glimpse into the camp!