Pia Scaglione wrote -
I am so excited to be participating in the Brooklyn Half Marathon on May 16th. I wanted to use this opportunity to bring awareness to and raise funds for an amazing organization, Penelope's Odyssey.
Penelope's parents are close friends of ours and after their daughter was diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL) they began Penelope's Odyssey to help other families impacted by pediatric cancer.
Penelope’s Odyssey enhances the lives of children and families impacted by pediatric cancer in the following ways:
1. Bringing smiles to children and families with cancer through fun activities in the community
2. Creating spaces where children with cancer can participate in age appropriate activities within a safe environment
3. Linking families to resources within the community
4. Providing social and emotional support for children and families battling pediatric cancer.
5. Hosting local bone marrow registry drives
I hope you will join me in supporting this wonderful organization either through a donation or joining the Bone Marrow registry.
Please see their website for more information http://www.penelopesodyssey.org, and please be sure to check out the video by clicking the right arrow under the picture.