BENEFITING: Food Bank of Western New York, Inc.
bruce corris wrote -
Congregation Shir Shalom is proud to co-host the 8th annual Walk off Hunger for the Food Bank of WNY.
Join our team and "walk the walk" as we take steps together to fight hunger.
This year's walk is Saturday July 25th at Island Park in Williamsville. Check-in begins at 10:00 am, the walk is at 11:00, and Summerfest follows till 2:00.
• Registration: $20 for adults; kids under 16 are FREE! All the food & drinks, and children's games and activities are free with your registration.
• Adopt-a-Family - for an additional $40 donation, you can adopt a family served by one of the Food Bank of WNY’s 326 member agencies. Your donation will help one of these families to enjoy the Walk and Festival. Want to adopt more than one family? Make your donation of $80 for two families, $120 for three families, and so on! (please make a comment in your donation that you would like to adopt-a-family)
Please encourage your friends, family, and co-workers to support this worthy cause. Every $1 donation helps us to provide approximately 6 meals for families in need!
Your donations help the Food Bank to:
• Procure and distribute 15 million pounds of nutritious food annually to families who continue to struggle for basic necessities.
• Serve nearly 117,000 people who turn to member agencies each month.
• Conduct nutrition workshops and food demonstrations for the clients of our 326 member agencies.
• Deliver fresh food, produce, dairy and bread daily through our Food Express Truck.