BALKAN SUNFLOWERS USA wrote -
Plemetina Learning Center (PLC) started its work in 2002. One of the first Learning Centers in Kosovo, it has around 50 children attending the center every day. A coordinator, a cook, a caretaker, a mediator, facilitators and tutors all contribute to providing preschool, homework help and Serbian language club for the children.
This program provides support that helps children to succeed in the classroom. Before the Learning Centers Network existed, these children were forgotten and, often, dropped out of school. For the youth and adults who support the children with language, literacy, science and math help, the Learning Centers Network is often providing the only income for their family. Until now, the Learning Centers Network has helped families in these communities survive.
We are short of our fundraising goal for 2015 and as a result Plemetina Learning Center needs your support so it can continue serving as many children as possible.
We’re asking you to donate what you can and spread the word about this campaign. Every contribution counts and here’s how your $5 to $500 donation will make a difference:
- $5 – Provide warm meals for a month to a child attending PLC.
- $10 – Provide learning materials for a child for two months.
- $30 – Provide warm meals plus learning materials for a child attending our preschool in Plemetina for THREE months.
- $50 – Provide one month support to one of our peer tutors. For many of these students, this is what keeps them in school – and for some it is essential for their family’s day-to-day survival.
- $300 – Pay one month rent and utilities for the Plemetina Learning Center.
- $330 – Pay a Learning Facilitator full-time for a month.
- $500 – Help cover coordination costs for the Learning Centers Network (this includes general project coordination, communication, logistics and other costs).