BTS United Army Fan Mail Project
Organized by: Amy AmeriPop Shop
My dear fellow A.R.M.Y.s in North America, let's STOP spreading hate. I know a lot of people are upset by the series of unfortunate events that have occurred before and during Bangtan Boys/BTS' Red Bullet USA Tour promoted by SubKulture Entertainment. To those that are unaware, RapMonster, the leader of BTS, joked about his fellow members' skin color during a press conference in Melborne, Australia and some fans found it to be offensive. Thus some people decided to attack Rap Monster/BTS via social media and even threatening to harm him or treat him poorly. This is the wrong type of behavior in dealing with this issue. Because of immature people's actions, the concert in NYC was shortened and all extra fan benefits were canceled to ensure the safety of BTS and fans. Many USA fans have planned apology events to BTS for everything that has happened even though the main person who threatened to harm Rap Monster was speculated to not be American and did not live in the USA. Whether or not you are offended or feel wronged, I wanted to address this issue from an experienced perspective (prior diversity related training/education). You cannot fight hate with anger and violence. Violence just leads to more violence. We need to educate each other about the appropriate behaviors in dealing with diversity issues. In the words of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. "Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that...Hatred paralyses life; love releases it. Hatred confuses life; love harmonizes it. Hatred darkens life; love illuminates it." So let us unite and start spreading love. Let us fight hate by teaching others how to love. This is my effort in spreading love by starting THE BTS UNITED FAN MAIL PROJECT to show our love and support for BTS. If you would like to participate in this project, please mail me flat, paper thin letters in English or Korean or fan art or photos (no bigger than standard 8.5 inches by 11 inches, A4, or P4 size) (in which I will bulk mail to BTS/Big Hit Entertainment) at: Amy, AmeriPop Shop, P.O. Box #669, York, Maine 03909 or you may email me at: email@example.com. I will be reviewing all the mail I receive for appropriate language and throwing out any offensive or hateful materials. PLEASE DO NOT SEND ME SPAM MAIL OR THREATEN ME OR BTS. On another note, international shipping & handling is expensive so I am starting a fundraiser to help pay for this. Any excess funds will be used to purchase BTS official goods and raffled off to donaters. Anything helps even if it's only $1. This project and fundraiser will end on October 1, 2015. Please read the Q&A for instructions.
QUESTIONS & ANSWERS FOR BTS UNITED FAN MAIL PROJECT
1. Who are you? My name is Amy, I am an American ARMY based in New England, and I attended the BTS concert in NYC. This project is also sponsored by generous donations from AmeriPop Shop, a fan made music merchandise online store (www.ameripopshop.tictail.com).
2. Why the FAN MAIL PROJECT? There are a lot of apology/social media projects going on, so I decided we also need to thank BTS for all their hard work and making us fans happy through their humorous and adorable personalities and talent. I believe reading letters and seeing photographs of BTS fans are more personal and sentimental. Also on another note, all the members are exhausted from their intense world tour and constant traveling, but they stay positive and are performing energetically for us. Their set list is crazy long and full of hardcore dance routines, almost double the amount of average KPOP concerts in the USA. The leader, Rap Monster, has to take all the blame for all of BTS' actions and he's fairly young and inexperienced so he is prone to making mistakes. He is known for breaking things so not surprised he “broke social media”. On a positive note, he is openly supportive of Gay rights, which is rare among KPOP idols to admit that to the public. He loves hip hop/rap music and notes many American artists as his role models. He worked with Warren G., Coolio, and Tony (so many bromances). Despite how you may feel about him, how could you ignore his amazing dance skills, cute dimples, sexy English skills, and hilarious derp faces? Without him, English speakers would have trouble understanding what BTS is saying.
3. What should I mail you? Due to expensive international shipping and handling costs and to prevent any dangerous suspicion with box type packages, please mail or email me flat,light weight,and appropriate (rated PG) fan mail letters, fold-able fan art of BTS, or photographs of you (and friends) dressed in BTS gear/cos-play, with BTS merchandise, holding fan signs, or modeling their dance moves. No bigger than standard 8.5 inches by 11 inches, A4, or P4 size. Please also write your name and location (city, state, territory) on these letters. If you decide to mail it with tracking, please let me know and I'll let you know if I received it. After reviewing them, I will mail them to BTS. By mailing it to me, you save money on international shipping. I will check the PO Box weekly.
4. How will you be mailing this fan mail? In large manilla envelopes labeled fan mail to prevent any suspicious packaging. Big Hit is on high alert because of all the threats. Depending on the volume I get, I may have to ship multiple envelopes. I will be mailing them in October 2015, when the project ends and after the BTS USA concerts. I cannot guarantee BTS will receive your fan mail, every company treats mail differently. Some throw it away, some review it before they pass it to the idols, etc. It may take one month or more after I mail them for BTS to receive all this fan mail. Let's be j-hopeful, it's the effort that counts!
5. I want to mail something to BTS personally such as a gift, what is their fan mail address? According to fan sites and Big Hit's website, their mailing address is:
Big Hit Entertainment Bangtan Boys (or Specific Member's Name) 135-010 서울시강남구논현동10-31번지청구빌딩2F Cheong-gu Building, 4th floor 10-31 Nonhyun-dong, Gangnam-gu 135-010 Seoul, South Korea
Make sure to include both the Korean and English addresses. You will need to fill out a customs form at your local post office. Depending on your package size shipping and handling rates on average maybe $20 USD and over in the USA (unsure about Canada or other countries rates). I recommend NOT sending any food items, liquids, or fragile items, which international customs may open the package and throw out. Also for the value of the item, put a value under $28 to prevent international taxes on it.
6. Why are you doing a fundraiser? International shipping & handling is expensive. It would be nice if we all could contribute to that cost. I know a lot of dedicated fans were desperate to attend these concerts, so to create more positive/happy events and to encourage donations, my sponsor, AmeriPop Shop, has donated a lot of BTS OFFICIAL MERCHANDISE! This includes their official autographed “In the Mood for Love” CDs, File Folders, future BTS USA concert tickets, etc. Winners will be randomly chosen from the donator list and announced on the Facebook page in October 2015.
Please also forgive Rap Monster. I'm sure he is contemplating his own actions. Also I suggest you do not attack the young and immature girl who may be the cause of all this, she needs to be educated about how her actions affected us all. She needs to be taught with love, because if you teach her with hate, that's all she will react to.