Build a school in Mali (West Africa)
Organized by: Mission Inside Continents and Islands MICI
Build school (Kindergarten, primary, secondary) in Mali (West Africa).
Total cost: $170000.00
Mission Inside Continents and Islands works in underserved and poor areas. In 2010, we reached Sikasso one of the poorest cities in Mali (West Africa). We noticed the lack of access to quality education, and lack of adequate school facilities with decaying buildings threatening students’ safety, health and learning skills. Schools are overcrowded and students walk many miles to attend the nearest school. Many children can’t attend school due to the aforementioned reasons and poverty. An average of 18% of children attend school with only 17% female. In addition Mali has a high rate of Illiteracy, 72%. Many children lack basic communication skills and have poor outcome.
Many children become farmers, and some develop behavioral problems due to lack of adequate education.
Consequently since 2010:
- We take care of more than 150 children including children in and out of school from 3 to 15 years old in Sikasso and villages.
- We provide school supplies,and gifts
- We run a variety of children's clubs and activities for different age groups in several rural areas
- We teach children 2 times a week,
- We encourage creativity and critical thinking skills,
- We increase self-esteem, improve literacy, leadership and motor skill, and foster teamwork.
- We cultivate excellence by rewarding student's achievements,
- We cultivate leadership in children future hope of tomorrow
We believe that the future depends on children, therefore if you take good care of them they will develop to become economically viable adults who will contribute to develop the country.
Building a school in this poor area will break the cycle of poverty, improve student achievement results, behavior, health and education.
We want these children to have access to quality education. We hope to provide quality classrooms with adequate equipment.
Please our website to learn more about us and our social actions. http://www.en.mici-ci.org/our-mission/social-action/