Southpointe Veterinary Hospital is proud to offer support to the Dearborn Animal Shelter. We have helped to support the shelter over the past several years by donating medical services, sponsorship at the Megan's Dream Golf Outing, takig part in the spay/neuter voucher program and now by helping to raise money to build a new shelter. The Dearborn Animal Shelter is in dire need of a new building. They are so close to reaching their goal. Please consider making a donation to help support this cause. Southpointe will match the first $1000.00 that is donated to our page.
Below is more information from the shelter on their cause.
After 20 years of providing shelter to more than 45,000 animals and offering high-quality service to the community, we are embarking on a campaign to build a new Animal Adoption & Education Center. Please join us in our efforts to “Build a Home with Heart.” We’ve always had the heart . . . now we need a new home.
A new facility will benefit both two- and four-legged friends in Southeast Michigan in a myriad of ways. It will strengthen our commitment to better serve our animals, our adopters, our volunteers, our staff, the community, and supporters like YOU.
- Offer a healthy, soothing, low-stress home for animals in our care
- Significantly improve the level of experience for adopters, volunteers, and all community visitors
- Employ sustainable ecological design (“Green Building”) and innovative housing, equipment, and practices
- Provide the opportunity for robust community involvement, education, and enrichment
- Be conveniently located to fully integrate with other public services (Dearborn Administrative Campus on Michigan Avenue; Amtrak site)
- Create a best-in-class work environment for staff, volunteers, and visiting veterinarians