Brian Ulkloss wrote -
To work side by side with our partner congregation Irente in Tanzania to continue building our relationship with our partners and offer our support building, working, and serving in their community. Our goal is to raise $50,000 dollars by April 2014 for 16 volunteers to complete this mission. We are currently working with our on site missionary partners to define specific affordable building projects for the LCR missions team to complete.
With your support we hope to build, work, and serve at:
Irente Rainbow School
- A school for children with intellectual impairments and autism
- Approximately 30 students range from ages 5 to 20
- Taught academic subjects, singing, physical education, self-care, daily living skills, and vocational skills (animal keeping, garden work, and carpentry)
Irente Children’s Home
- An orphanage operating for more than four decades nurturing approximately 35 children.
-Some girls live at the home in order to participate in a two year pre-nursing course.
Irente School for the Blind
- Approximately 75 children attend the school where they have the opportunity to become capable in the alternative techniques coping with blindness, develop constructive attitudes, and be given a quality education.
- Irente Biodiversity Reserve.
- This farm incorporates both environmental conservations and sustainable organic agriculture.
- Sources of income include rye, milk, goats, fruit, jam, butter, goat cheese, and juice.
- Traveling to the main church, Irente, can be quite a long journey for the people who are members; therefore, sub-parishes were created.
- We hope to serve and continue building upon our relationship from our previous trip in 2009 with the people from Kivumbi, Yogoi, and Kani sub-parishes.
Gather by Christ
Growing in Faith
SENT TO SERVE