Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $60.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Lloyd Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the fall of 2011.
- Located in the Belmont-Cragin neighborhood in Chicago and has 1,238 students.
- 97% of the school population is hispanic. 97% come from low-income households.
- Lloyd has a lot of Team Captains (in the orange shirts above). They’re great about helping out the younger kids and making sure everyone’s skills are improving.
- Coach Gonzalez runs a very energetic practice. It is non stop fun games and soccer drills. The team’s constant movement at practice really pays off at game days. When other teams’ players are starting to get tired during the second half, Lloyd’s players just keep going!