Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $60.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Pasteur Elementary
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the fall of 2011.
- Located in the West Elsdon neighborhood in Chicago and has 1,235 students.
- 92% of the school population is hispanic. 95% come from low-income households.
- With a roster of over 50 students, Walsh is a force to reckon with! This is the largest roster Walsh has had since the program started! Their dedicated coaching staff have made the most of a tricky situation, and the students have greatly enjoyed having so many teammates.
- In their second year as Team Captains, Walsh’s older players have come together and helped out the team in amazing ways! They are going raise funds this spring season to help impoverished families in Africa by purchasing goats that can help them create a sustainable lifestyle.