Donations of any denomination are welcome, but here are some metrics to guide you:
- Cost/child/trip: $10.00
- Cost/child/year: $60.00
- Cost/bus/team: $175
- Cost/School/Year: $1,750.00
About Sherman School
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the spring of 2007.
- Located in the New City neighborhood in Chicago and has 360 students.
- 93% of the school population is African American. 97% come from low-income households.
- Before the start of each school day, all of Sherman’s students—grades K-5th—meet in the gym room to discuss the breakfast items for the morning and to get pumped up for the school day!
- Many of the students at Sherman come from families without the means to register their kids for sports and other extracurricular activities. Being a part of Urban Initiatives gives the players an opportunity to be part of a team and to travel to parks and schools outside of their neighborhood.