Urban Initiatives wrote -
ABOUT THIS FUNDRAISING EFFORT
Urban Initiatives’ 1,050 Work to Play participants travel to play soccer with teams in communities throughout Chicago, crossing gang, cultural and racial boundaries to come together through a common love of soccer. The kids work hard in the classroom all week in order to take buses to other schools to participate in games that foster teamwork, soccer skills, and social inclusion. This travel is a critical component of the program and I am fundraising to sponsor Jenner's transportation for the 2016-2017 school year. Every donation counts! Here are some giving levels for you to consider:
Cost per child per game: $10
Cost per child per year: $60
Cost per team per game: $200
Cost per school per year: $2,000 (this is my ultimate goal!
- Joined Urban Initiatives’ Work to Play program in the fall of 2004.
- Located in the Cabrini-Green neighborhood in Chicago and has 249 students.
- 98% of the school population is African American. 99% come from low-income households.
- Heir to the original Work to Play squads, the Jenner team has all the pedigree of a champion.
- They love their strong team traditions, like players giving "shoutouts" to each other for good play or character at every practice.