Leap, Inc. d/b/a Brooklyn Workforce Innovations (BWI) is a workforce development non-profit which helps men and women from low-income communities in New York City launch family-supporting careers by equipping them with essential skills, credentials and support.
BWI represents a proven, local solution to poverty in our city. We select industries that offer pathways to promising careers and we develop sector-focused training for those with barriers to employment. Our training programs are designed in close partnership with employers and industry veterans.
Be a part of the solution
- $50 - buy a textbook for a long-term unemployed beneficiary in our teledata cable installation program, Brooklyn Networks
- $60 - purchase three band saw blades for our state-of-the-art woodworking facility that will help train a class of 15 Brooklyn Woods students
- $100 - provide critical, one-on-one career coaching for "Made in NY" Production Assistant Training Program graduates as they transition to work in the challenging and fast-paced TV and film industry
- $200 - connect one Red Hook on the Road student to a Defensive Driving course, which is critical for his/her first job transporting frail and disabled New Yorkers in an ambulette
- $500 - Provide 25 public housing residents with critical workplace safety training before they begin work with NYCHA
- $1,000 allows our "Made in NY" Production Assistant Training Program to offer a class of 20 students two days of first hand learning experience with acclaimed Directors of New York City productions such as Boardwalk Empire
- $2,000 offers 40 hours of instruction for up to 75 students who need assistance with job-critical math skills
- $3,200 could change a life, offering an unemployed young mother core job readiness skills, her Driver's License, connection to a job or sector-focused training program, and the inspiration she needs to launch her promising new career path
Learn more about BWI by visiting www.bwiny.org