BENEFITING: Blood Water Mission
EVENT DATE: Sep 14, 2012
Many of you know of April and I's support of Blood:Water Mission over the past almost 10 years, and many know I've had a desire to join the team on a trip to Africa, but the opportunity hasn't been there. They don't run a tour, they go and do work. Well, We've been given an opportunity to join them on a trip to Uganda for a week in September, and we really feel like we need to go.
This is what we'll spend our time doing:
- Experiencing a range of Blood:Water water and HIV/AIDS initiatives and the life-changing effects these programs are having in Africa.
‣ Seeing the impact of HIV+ people working together to reduce stigma and spearhead prevention efforts in their own communities
‣ Visiting an HIV/AIDS treatment center, seed funded by Blood:Water in 2010, that recently received an award by the Ugandan government for it’s high level of care in a region with over 27,000 people living with HIV/AIDS.
‣ Walking through villages that are being re-established after 20 years of war, where we have partnered to restore their access to safe, clean water.
‣ Visiting Murchison Falls where the famous Nile River drops 141 feet through through a narrow gorge on it’s 4,000 mile journey to Egypt.
‣ Opportunities for safaris, open markets and the diversity and beauty that defines Africa.