CALC strives to enrich the Chaldean community through awareness and advocacy, education and advice, and emotional and economic support. Key initiatives to carry out our mission of providing help and hope to those in need include:
- The Basic Needs Center—distribute clothing, furniture, and household items to disadvantaged refugees, immigrants, and needy families.
- Food Pantries—distribute food to individuals and families facing food insecurity.
- Special Needs program—provides emotional support and social services for individuals with physical and/or mental disabilities.
- Senior programs—provide innovative activities to improve overall well-being of isolated seniors in the community.
- Health programs—provide access to health care to low-income and/or uninsured individuals as well as education on healthy living.
- Chaldean Angels of Charity—a community service program that teaches philanthropy to young high school girls while building strong new leaders in the community.
- Saturday D.R.E.A.M.S Mentoring Program—a youth mentoring program that offers a safe environment for at risk refugees to open up about issues through skill building, coaching, and recreational activities.
- Christmas Programs—allows community members to sponsor needy families in order to fulfill the families’ Christmas wishes.
- Cultural Preservation—continues to preserve Chaldean culture and cuisine through Bernadette’s Kitchen cooking classes and a professional cookbook, Ma Baseema, Middle Eastern Cooking and Chaldean Flair.
CALC programs and services improve the ability of families to care for themselves and their children and to achieve goals of self-sufficiency. www.calconline.org