Chandra Adams wrote -
After 24 years of volunteering in schools, churches, hospitals, prisons, and other non-profit organizations, I have learned much, coached many, and served thousands.
In 2010 Called2Change (C2C) was established to provide teams of volunteers and services to prisons on a more formal basis. Each year we have experienced incremental growth. It has only been by the favor and grace of God that we continuously see doors open as a direct result to our readiness.
Our mission has not wavered, but it has expanded to include families and communities worldwide that have been impacted by incarceration.
Between action and maintenance, a life in flux needs support to assure success. Our new programs and initiatives are designed to:
- lead transformation
- facilitate family restoration
- encourage & support community healing, and
- equip those making a difference behind bars
As we enter the "doorway" to the last quarter of 2016, we have come to realize that we can no longer do this mission as a small Team, but instead need your help to expand.
Will you ...
- partner to send Chandra and the C2C Team to visit the orphans, widows, and imprisoned? James 1:27
- help to clothe those in need? Mt. 25:36
- support a short-term mission to equip? Eph. 4:10-16
The expansion of C2C includes the following programs, each having its own equipment and resource material needs.
- Reading 2Children 4Change - Our parenting and literacy program behind bars
Needs: video equipment; lighting & backdrop; external harddrive; DVDs; postage
- Captivating in Mexico - A 3-Day Experience for wives who have been abandoned through their spouses’ incarceration
Needs: projector & related cables, participants’ books, journals, resource materials; hosted meal for participants; travel & lodging for 5-7 volunteers
- Clothes 4Change - Our reentry initiative to support women returning to community
Needs: retail & gas gift cards; new foundation & clothing items; storage space
- Missions 4Equipping - Supporting prison ministries & volunteers through short-term international mission trips
Needs: sponsorship; distribution items (reading glasses; personal hygiene& feminine products; basic medical supplies)
UPCOMING SHORT-TERM MISSION TRIPS 4EQUIPPING
- Cuba - Nov. 11-21, 2016 - Join a half a dozen experienced international missions facilitators and leaders as a speaker during the 3-day conference for 500 pastors and a 3-day conference for over 1,000 prison volunteers. ($2,500)
- East & West Africa* - Jan. 27- Feb. 11, 2017 - Meet with government officials, community leaders and ministry volunteers to plan the 2018 Lagos, Kenya, and Ghana Regional 3-day Conferences. ($4,750)
- Honduras - June 9-19, 2017 - Travel with a team across Honduras entering a different prison each day to bring resources and hope to those who lack for basic provisions and the means to obtain them. ($2,500)
*In Africa, children under the age of 4 are kept with their mothers in prison. However, the children's food and care is the responsibility of their incarcerated mother. i.e. a single meal provided is shared between the parent and their child(ren).
Thank you for your prayerful consideration.
Chandra Adams & the C2C Team
C2C is a missions minded non-profit organization leading life transformation, facilitating family restoration and supporting community healing. C2C is a member of the Full Gospel Fellowship. All donations are tax deductible as charitable contributions for Federal income tax purposes. Email email@example.com to request a receipt. Visit www.calledtochange.org to learn more about the work.