Thank you! Here we go!
July 27, 2016
BENEFITING: SKYLINE CAMP AND RETREAT CENTER
EVENT DATE: Aug 01, 2016
- The community of Flint, Michigan, has been hit hard by the water crisis.
- What can we do? Doing "what we can, with what we have, where we are," Skyline Camp in Almont, Michigan, is giving a week of its summer to make it possible for up to 85 children from Flint (about an hour from Skyline) a week of camp.
- The families of the Flint community have been going through a difficult time, and we know that what we do at a place like Skyline can be a lasting gift to the children who participate and some respite for families who deserve a break. Skyline will be working with a variety of diverse Flint-based community groups in order to identify those who would most benefit from this experience. We'll be opening the camp to both girls and boys, between the ages of 7 and 11, for a full-week camp program as excellent as the camps we run every summer. We're a small camp, where we can sing without microphones and get to know everybody by name - about 85 campers fills us up.
- Camp is what Skyline does best. We have a beautiful place -- kind, creative people -- and an excellent program. We're looking for as much support as possible to make this a reality for children who could use an amazing, positive experience.
- We'd need to be able to fund at least 30 campers to make it viable, programmatically. If we have less than about $12,000, we'll bring some children from Flint into our already-filling regualr camp weeks in July. If we pass the amount needed for this year's full camp, we'll keep it aside to bring more children to camp next year from Flint - either a special week like this one, or within our regualr programs.
- Skyline Camp & Retreat Center, established in 1964, is an independent 501(c)(3) non profit organization, accredited by the American Camp Association and licensed by the State of Michigan. www.campskyline.org