Dave & Patti Haar via Crowdrise
December 17, 2012
EVENT DATE: Dec 01, 2012
Proposal Phase One:
To build a 3285 sq ft facility by converting the Day Camp Pavilion into a 40 bed heated dormitory and adding a male and female shower and toilet block to the East end. We would then join this conversion to our existing Health Center by adding 1600 sq ft of classroom space to make one large ‘L’ shaped building.
Areas of need and solution:
1. Sleeping Quarters – Our currentwinterized sleeping quarters are limited to 68 people. We are short between 10 and 30 beds with the church and school Groups we target. We are also short beds in the summer for certain User groups such as RBI and ICPC who have outgrown our villages. Our proposal allows for an additional 40 beds to take our winter capacity up to 100 and our summer capacity to 150
2. Bathroom Facilities – Without question, the main lodge facilities are antiquated. We need a more suitable bathroom facility for some of our adult clientele as well as covering the shortfall of changing areas and toilets for our summer program. The new septic system runs right by the proposed bathroom location for a tie in to the field and there is an adequate water line to the existing Health Center. The infrastructure is already in place allowing us to save considerably on construction costs.
3. Indoor Classroom/Program space – There is a need for providing dedicated classroom space, which can be utilized by After School, Retreat, Environmental Education and Summer Programs such as the Extended School Year. The proposed space would hold 50 students as well as providing an indoor link to the existing Infirmary.
Naming Opportunities Available – Phase One
- The entire building - $250,000
- The Infirmary – $50,000 (TAKEN)
- The Dormitory – $50,000
- The Educational/Recreational Space - $50,000
- The washrooms - $25,000 each
- The beds - $250 each X 40 = $10,000