BENEFITING: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
ORGANIZER: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
EVENT: YMCA Camp Ohiyesa
Give. And Do So Much More.
The summer of 2016 will be my 25th summer at a YMCA Camp. I have never been more convinced than I am now that every kid should attend a YMCA summer camp. There is no better place for a young person to make friends, develop confidence and form character than at camp. Please join me in helping deserving children get to camp this summer.
Camp Ohiyesa was named for the great YMCA and Dakota Sioux leader Charles Eastman, or Ohiyesa. In the Dakota language, Ohiyesa means “the winner."
Camp Ohiyesa believes that everyone has the potential to be winners. We also believe that all kids deserve the opportunity to discover who they are and what they can achieve. We’re committed to strengthening community and believe that lasting change comes when we all work together to invest in our children, our health and our neighbors. We are inviting you to join us in helping all children realize their potential. Please give to our 2016 scholarship drive.
- $1000 gives two children a full week of Overnight Camp helping build confidence & friendships.
- $500 gives access to three children for a week of day camp
- $250 will allow 10 overnight campers to participate in specialty camps such as robotics, film camp and CSI camp.
- $125 will “Saddle Up” 5 Day Campers into our equestrian program helping them learn responsibility & empathy.
- $50 gives a week-long specialty program for two day campers.