BENEFITING: CAMP TWIN LAKES INC
ORGANIZER: CAMP TWIN LAKES INC
EVENT: AJC Peachtree Road Race
EVENT DATE: Jul 04, 2013
CAMP TWIN LAKES INC wrote -
For 20 years, Camp Twin Lakes has provided life-changing camp experiences to more than 50,000 of Georgia's children with serious illnesses, disabilities, and other life challenges. Camp Twin Lakes provides week-long summer camps and year-round weekend retreats at our fully-accessible and medically-supportive campsites, day camps, and through hospital-based Camp-To-Go programs. Camp Twin Lakes collaborates with more than 50 different nonprofit organizations, each serving a different population, to create customized programs that teach campers to overcome obstacles and grow in their confidence and capabilities. Annually, Camp Twin Lakes serves more than 9,100 campers, leverages support from 3,500 volunteers, and subsidizes 80% of the direct camp costs ($800) for every camper served. For more info, visit www.camptwinlakes.org
Please help support the Camp Twin Lakes’ team as they run to help send kids facing serious illnesses, disabilities and other life challenges to Camp! You can make a donation in support of a particular runner or make a general donation in support of the entire Camp Twin Lakes team. Look what your support can help do for our campers:
- $60 sponsors a camper’s activities for the day.
- $100 provides a cabin’s meals for the day.
- $275 provides a cabin’s outdoor adventure program for a week.
- $550 provides a full week of camp activities for a cabin.
- $800 sends a child to Camp Twin Lakes for a week.
- $1000 takes our imaginative Camp-To-Go programs to children’s hospitals around Georgia for kids unable to attend overnight camp.