October 08, 2017
BENEFITING: ORGANIZATION FOR AUTISM RESEARCH
EVENT DATE: Oct 08, 2017
Hi Friends & Family, I am back!!! I am running again this year with the Organization for Autism Research at the Chicago Marathon in honor of my cousin Nathan & my nephew Devin. I am also participating in the Iron Girl Triathalon in August located in Pleasant Prairie Wisconsin. Since 2012 you have helped me raise awareness and assisted me in the fundraising efforts to support families whose loved ones struggle with Autism. No donation is too small. For the next few months, I will be training hard again for these two little guys and I ask for your generous support to help me reach my fundraising goal. Many of you know these two little guys so you know how loving and strong these boys are, despite their challenges they do not allow their diagnosis stand in their way. Thank you in advance for all of your love and support !! -FINISH LINE HERE I COME !!!!! Canella
The Organization for Autism Research (OAR) is an Official Charity with the Bank of America Chicago Marathon and has a limited number of guaranteed entries available for the race on October 8, 2017.
To join the RUN FOR AUTISM team, click "SET UP YOUR FUNDRAISER".
To receive guaranteed race entry though OAR, you must agree to the fundraising requirement set by the race:
- Runners who register for the race with a charity entry prior to the drawing (Oct. 25 - Nov. 29) will receive complimentary race entry ($195-$210 value) and must commit to a $1,000 fundraising minimum.
- Runners who register for the race with a charity entry after the drawing is selected (Dec. 13) must commit to a $1,500 fundraising minimum.
The fundraising deadline is one month after the race (Nov. 8, 2017).
*By agreeing to the fundraising requirement and verifying their credit card information, runners are assuming full responsibility for achieving their fundraising minimum in full, even in the case of unforeseen circumstances including injury, which may prevent them from participating in the event.
To fundraise for OAR without receiving guaranteed race entry, join the team with no required fundraising minimum. (This option is for legacy runners, time qualifiers, 2016 deferments, or those selected through the drawing in December).
- RUN FOR AUTISM t-shirt and technical race tank
- Free membership/marathon training with the Chicago Area Runners Association (CARA)
- Complimentary invitation to the pre-race team pasta dinner
- Race day hospitality at a 4-star hotel on Michigan Ave
- Fundraising Guide
- Team emails with training and fundraising tips
- OAR finisher's medal
WHY RUN FOR AUTISM?
1 in 68 children in the United States are diagnosed with autism. By joining the team, you're supporting OAR's mission to fund research and resources that help people with autism and their families today.
THE IMPACT YOU HELP OAR MAKE:
- $10 provides a Curriculum in a Box professional development set to general education teachers.
- $25 provides 15 copies of A Guide to Safety to families and first responders.
- $100 provides the Kit for Kids peer education resource to an entire elementary or middle school.
- $150 provides 100 copies of a Life Journey through Autism guidebook sent to a community support group or military installation.
- $1,000 provides a research grant for a graduate student studying autism.
- $3,000 provides a scholarship for a student with autism to attend college.
- $30,000 fully underwrites an applied research pilot study.