Create National Youth Teen Family Community Activity Network
Organized by: Mike Svec
My name is Mike Svec and I have worked with youth, teens and families for almost 20 years. Nineteen years ago I learned there were no resources across the United States that assisted youth, teens, parents and families in locating local opportunities, services and activities available to them in one easy to find place online, while providing additional options available around their local community. Currently, there is still no such resource available to the 120 million households across the US. Today I am looking to change that with your assistance by implementing the Community Activity Network (CAN Project) which I have been designing for the past 19 years..
The CAN Project is designed to be a locally focused, yet national, resource that can be used in each community across the United States to locate local family programs available, activities of interest, community calendar of events, "in-need" services and positive alternatives to negative choices. I am looking to create the project across the nation over the next 5 years. Our current focus will be to raise $240,000 in 2016 to develop the pilot website throughout Washington State in 2017 with additional states to follow.
Today we are looking to raise $90,000 of the $240,000 to do the following:
- $5,000 for equipment and software to maintain website
- $10,000 to develop CAN Discount Card Program which will create the CAN Project as a self-sustaining program in five years
- $30,000 to locate and post information online of over 10,000 opportunities available to parents, youth and teens across Washington State.
- $45,000 contract website development team to develop Stage I of the CAN Project website allowing a usable resource with current Washington State programs available by the end of 2017
To learn more about the CAN Project, how you can get involved, who we are at the CAN Project, or to follow our blogs for updates, please visit us at:
For us to succeed, we need your leadership in getting this project out to at least 250,000 people across the United States who are willing to make a difference in their community. Donate and forward us on to everyone you know. By being an active leader through donating and forwarding information on, you may be the one that locates our champion that takes the CAN Project from a much needed resource, to an active difference-maker in your community.
Choose an option below to support the CAN Project in becoming a reality in your community:
- Click here to donate as little as $1
- Click here to pre-order the 2017 CAN Project Community Discount Card for $30
- Make a donation greater than $10 by clicking the DONATE button in upper right corner on current Crowdrise website.
Thank you for taking the time to learn more about the CAN Project and how you can make the difference. I look forward to your participation and hearing any thoughts, comments or questions you may have.