BENEFITING: CALIFORNIA PARTNERSHIP TO END DOMESTIC VIOLENCE
CALIFORNIA PARTNERSHIP TO END DOMESTIC VIOLENCE wrote -
For nearly 40 years, the California Partnership to End Domestic Violence (the Partnership) has been the leader in California’s movement to end domestic violence. As the states domestic violence coalition, we represent a diverse membership of over 1,000 survivors, advocates, organizations, and allied individuals working to eliminate all forms of domestic violence and dedicated to increasing safety and healing for survivors and their families. In order to fulfill our vision of a California free from domestic violence, we work every day to inspire, inform and connect all those working on this issue through our three programs: Public Policy, Communications and Capacity Building.
Public Policy: Through our public policy work, we have been successful passing over 200 pieces of legislation. We promote policies that address the ever changing needs of survivors and prevent domestic violence. Over the years our policy priorities have included budget advocacy, housing protections, prevention and more.
Communications: Our Communications team keeps our Members and the public up to date with the latest information in the movement to end domestic violence. Through our media advocacy efforts, we educate the public, influence policy-makers, and improve the accuracy of media coverage, to help shift culture and social norms about domestic violence. We also provide comprehensive awareness month toolkits, and assist our Members in developing effective communications plans, media outreach and social media tools.
Capacity Building: Our Capacity Building program assists and strengthens individuals and organizations supporting survivors in California. We offer a range of technical assistance and training services that help advocates and allied professionals to be more effective in addressing all facets of domestic violence including prevention, intervention, organizational capacity and community organizing. Our services include webinars, resources, networking opportunities and trainings, including our Shifting the Lens Conference – a gathering of 500 individuals from across the country.
It is through these comprehensive programs, Californian’s can overcome the effects of domestic violence and lead the lives they envision for themselves and their children. However, this work cannot be done alone – we need the support of donors to continue our vision of a California free from domestic violence.
Make a donation today, and see how you can make an impact:
- $31 covers the cost of one call with a domestic violence survivor helping connect them to local sources of help.
- $128 underwrites our media advocacy, conducting interviews about domestic violence news with publications such as the Huff Post and LA Times.
- $163 supports weekly Policy Alerts where we issue critical calls-to-action for advocacy on key legislation that helps survivors.
- $367 finances expert testimony on domestic violence legislation at the California State Capitol.
- $493 supports the development of comprehensive public awareness toolkits for Domestic Violence Awareness Month and Teen DV Month.
Your donation can earn you some fabulous prizes:
- Keep an eye on our campaign page and see who the highest donor is by 1:59 p.m. on October 31st!
- (while supplies last). Attach your charm to any bag to show your support to end domestic violence year round!
Thank you for your support in our Purple Purse campaign this Domestic Violence Awareness Month!