BENEFITING: GO MAD MINISTRIES INC
Need: reliable, diesel transportation
More information about Go MAD:
This Christian-based ministry is based out of Texas established to serve in the Dominican Republic where human exploitation is ranked among the worst in the world and sex tourism is ranked #3 in the world...the goal is to engage Christians and non-Christians to help build awareness and help fight these rampant atrocities.
The immediate need is for transportation - specifically a reliable, diesel vehicle. I have outlined uses for the transportation below.
There are many ways to get involved beyond this capital campaign however transportation remains the urgent need.
My personal testimony:
I traveled to the DR this past summer with my wife Spring and our son Gus. We had the opportunity to visit the three communities and see the team in action. The team has been able to restore hope in a number of ways primarily by offering shelter, healthcare, education, job training, and jobs. What is amazing to me is that their work is making an impact on families that have suffered generations of oppression and abuse; not only the parents but their kids as well who can be subjected to the abuse at early ages and recruited for sex trafficking typically by the age of 12.
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.
Uses for vehicle:
* To purchase and deliver supplies as needed by Go MAD’s programs including but not limited to:
- Medicine and other medical supplies for 3 children’s medical clinics
- Education supplies for 2 children’s education centers
- Propane for cooking at children’s centers and women’s safe house
- Diesel for generator at children’s center
- Building/maintenance supplies as needed
* Transportation of patients in need of critical care from our clinics to the local hospital.
* Transportation as needed for children whose parents cannot afford transportation to our clinics.
* All basic transportation needed to run the ministry as the local staff does not own a vehicle.
* Ministry is relatively spread out with it being about a 45 min – 1 hour drive between farthest locations with various, rural terrains
** email - email@example.com ** phone - 512.751.3592 **