An all day planning workshop for parents and students.
Counselors assist the students and parents in making choices for the future.
Scholarships opportunities and resource materials are examined and distributed. PSAT, SAT, ACT and FAFSA assistance is provided.
College tour opportunities are discussed with emphasis on available HBCU* tours
Students and parents create college and career strategies based on:
- Student strengths, goals and career plans
- College entrance requirements, including recommended student activities, clubs, volunteering, etc.
- Application deadlines
- Testing and test preparation planning and deadlines
- Middle School and High School goal setting
Donation of $100 covers one student for the full day. Student recieves all day counselling, activities, meals and material.
Goal is to serve 90 students in 2016 in three workshop days of 30 students each during the year.
* HBCU - Historic Black Colleges and Universities