There, I did it. Committed & Registered for the OC HALF-Marathon on May 4th (not a misprint) in honor of Jake Robert, TEAM JAKE, and the OM Foundation.
- Been training and am now up to 18-26 miles of Roadwork weekly across 4 runs per week and growing (& loving it!) I just ran 10 miles last Thursday in 1;45 minutes, getting excited & I am committed to Running the 13.1 miles.
- Please do more than just wish me luck on my endeavor to honor the memory of a special little boy and to honor the Robert Family. MORE ABOUT THIS Further down BELOW!
- It all started with the first step, and I remember when I would run a song, then walk a song, then run a song, then walk a song…Simple but effective, and every day I ran further and further. I believe, and I am INSPIRED. Thank You to my good friend, IRONMAN Bonner Paddock, Little Jake Robert, and others for showing me the way. It's ON!
WHY do we “Team Jake”, Why am I doing this, and Why I NEED Your Support:
- TEAM JAKE intends to support and encourage all of the special needs kids of Orange County and beyond who are striving to take their first step, eat on their own, hold their heads up or those simply fighting for the next milestone in their development; big or small. We appreciate the amazing spirit of these kids, their families, and friends and TEAM JAKE celebrates their journey. While these kids fight to take step one, we run and walk knowing what a privilege each step we take is.....all the way through the finish line.
- TEAM JAKE honors the memory of a friend of mines little boy, Jake Ryan Lee Robert. Jakey never took a step on his own, never said a word, and never reached some of the most basic developmental milestones we often times take for granted with our children. Jakey opened the Robert Family and many other hearts and guided all to a perspective of simplicity we fight hard to maintain. Jake was unimpressed by money and power. He traded only in Love and accepted all without condition. TEAM JAKE strives to bring this spirit to the OC Marathon event each year to keep Jake's powerful perspective alive and spreading.
Please Contribute to my Fundraising Page anyway that you can. A simple thing like giving up Starbucks for 2 weeks, puts $25.00 in your pocket, and could be a meaningful gesture that makes a difference to Team Jake and the OM Foundation. Learn more about where your dollars could be put to good use at 1Man1Mission.org
Thank You, Carl
CR Impact Points
Click the VOTE button to give Carl 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). Vote for the Volunteers and Fundraisers that are answering the call to service, raising money for charity, and making an impact for their causes. Come back and Vote every months. CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.
CR Impact Points
If you're seeing the grey VOTE button, you should feel great about yourself. It means you already voted for Carl this month. Come back next month and vote again if you still love Carl. Thanks to your vote, Carl earned 100 CrowdRise Impact Points (CIPs). CIPs can earn you the highly coveted, highly respected CrowdRise Royalty Status.