BENEFITING: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
ORGANIZER: YMCA of Metropolitan Detroit
EVENT: Carls Family YMCA
PLEASE JOIN ME in supporting our community. The Y creates SAFE PLACES to BELONG - making a BETTER US.
In 2015 300 memberships were subsidized with a financial scholarship, 586 weeks of day camp were subsidized, 90 swim lessons were provided, 14 kids were able to participate in the swim team, 135 kids participated in youth sports, including Girls on the Run, 15 scholarships were provided for Character Counts Preschool, 30 Veterans were supported with memberships, 3 First Responders (like Tim in the video) completed the new wellness program, and 20 kids went through the Reaching Higher Mentor Program at South Lyon High School.
In 2016 we will do all that and MORE with programs designed especially for our Veterans, teach 100 kids how to swim and be more confident around the water, help 15 preschoolers, 40 kids in character builidng Girls on the Run and STRIDE programs, more teens in Reaching Higher, more camper weeks, and work with 15 First Responders and their families.
- Your gift of $50, less than $1 a week will allow a child to participate in session of youth sports that honors our core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
- Your gift of $100, or the equivalent of a soda a week, will teach a child to swim and be confident around water.
- Your gift of $150, or the equivalent of $3 a week will allow a child to participate in a character based running program like Girls on the Run or STRIDE.
- Your gift of $500 will provide a senior a membership for a year that will help them to stay engaged in a healthy mind, body and spirit. This membership includes all water aerobics and silver sneakers classes.
- Your gift of $1000 will enable us to care for a first responder and his family for three months and help the first responder with a specialized fitness program designed for their job.