EVENT DATE: Jul 01, 2016
Laps For Literacy is our first Annual Walk-a-Thon! It will raise awareness of the power of literacy through braille, raise expectations for blind children and raise critical funds to support our programs.
This is a “where you are” walkathon. Our kickoff event will be at the 33rd Anual NOPBC conference in Orlando on July 1st and will run through July 3rd. We’d love for many families to join us but if you can’t be there, walk where you are! Walk in the mountains or in a meadow, on the beach or boardwalk, around the track or just around the backyard. Swimming laps counts too! Have fun! Share your story, why you are walking and what NOPBC means for you.
We will have prizes for the top three fundraisers (determined by donations received by 8am Eastern on July 1st) as well as for three randomly selected participants!
If you are unable to make online payments, you are welcome to mail a check (made payable to NOPBC ) to Sandra Oliver, NOPBC Treasurer
15707 Knauff Ranch Ct. Cypress, TX 77429
The National Organization of Parents of Blind Children (NOPBC) programs aim to
• Create a climate of opportunity for blind and low vision children in home, school, and society
• Provide information and support to families and educators of blind and low vision children
• Facilitate the sharing of experiences and concerns among parents and educators
• Develop and expand resources available to parents and educators
• Help parents and educators gain understanding and perspective through partnership and contact with blind adults
• Function as an integral part of the National Federation of the Blind in its ongoing effort to help all blind people to live the lives they want.