Make the gift of new beginnings, and show survivors that they are not alone.
Founded in 1977 by a diverse coalition of community activists, today Casa Myrna is the greater Boston area's largest provider of shelter and services to survivors of domestic violence and their children. Our advocates work with survivors to help them recover from the trauma of abuse and rebuild brighter futures for themselves and their families. In addition to welcoming shelters and comprehensive services addressing the pervasive effects of abuse, Casa Myrna provides 24/7 support to survivors across the state through SafeLink (1.877.785.2020), MA's only statewide domestic violence hotline, and works to end abuse for good through education, advocacy, and outreach.
"I felt as if I was fumbling around in a dark room trying to escape, but I could never find a way out. When I called SafeLink and got help, it was like someone finally handed me a flashlight. My counselor at Casa Myrna helped me find the door, and with the support of my other advocates, I was able to open it and walk free."
This year, thanks to supporters like you...
- 54 survivors and 61 of their children were welcomed into our three shelters
- 140 survivors received ongoing support from counselors
- 720 survivors benefited from advice from staff attorneys or legal staff, and 74 received full or partial legal representation
- 26 families moved into safe, permanent homes of their own, and 62 more were on their way
- 391 survivors connected with community advocates posted at community health centers, district courts, and partner organizations around Boston
- 25,625 calls from around the state were answered by SafeLink Hotline advocates
Your gift today helps ensures that no one has to deal with an abusive relationship or its aftermath alone.