I'm on LIVE TV! Watch me today 10/21 8:40AM Fox 5 Morning News!! I will be talking about winning the $5,000 Barron Prize for Young Heroes!
via Crowdrise 2 years ago
BENEFITING: Trees for the Future, Inc.
My name is Cassie and my goal is to help all the species and the Earth by trading my art drawings and clay sculptures for money so that I can help plant 10,000 trees. (NEWS FLASH!!! MY FUND USED TO BE FOR 5,000 TREES BUT I HAVE INCREASED MY GOAL TO 10,000 TREES AND CHANGED THE FUND NAME!)
Did you know that it only costs Trees for the Future (the charity I give ALL of the money you donate when you donate to this fund) 10 cents to plant one seedling? This means that for every dollar you donate, 10 trees can grow! And when I raise $1,000, everyone who chipped in will be responsible for 10,000 new trees!
But you might be wondering "how can an ordinary tree do anything important???" But I am here to show you how donating or planting even one tree in your yard is a good and important thing to do! Especially since you will actually be one of many people doing the exact same thing, so it won't really be just one.
Here are some of the things that the 10,000 new trees we are planting together can do (once they are mature):
1) 10,000 new trees can replenish enough oxygen back into the atmosphere to allow 20,000 human beings to breathe PER YEAR!!!*
2) 10,000 new trees can remove just about the same amount of carbon dioxide out of the air (away from the ozone) as 42 gas cars (not hybrid or electric) will put into the atmosphere PER YEAR!!!!*
3) Carbon dioxide and other gasses (produced by cars and shrinking forests) trap the sun's heat in our atmosphere and warm up the earth warmer than it should be. Animals that need to live in ice don't have very much room to live and hunt anymore. As it gets harder to hunt, they get weaker and their populations shrink. They also get more despirate and may be more likely to eat things they shouldn't eat (like their own baby cubs...) Also the melted water is draining into and cooling off and changing the oceans. 10,000 new trees can put on some brakes by removing some of the carbon doxide and help slow this problem down.
4) Trees cool the air by blocking the sun and providing shade. If you plant a few trees close to your house (especially near windows) your air conditioning costs should go down. Plus it looks so much better to see a tree when you look out your windows don't you think?
5) Trees draw polluted runoff water into their roots. This pulls the toxic water away from the oceans and helps all the animals that live there to be healthier and safer. And we play in the oceans and we eat seafood... (We don't want to play in polluted water and eat sick and polluted seafood do we?)
6) In places where there is a lot of rain, tree roots keep the dirt from eroding and slipping away in a mud slide. So if you live in rainy weather or on a hillside or cliff, you might want to make sure to plant an extra lot of trees all around your yard to help hold it in one piece.
7) Trees make our yards, our towns, and our planet so beautiful. Have you ever noticed that neighborhoods that have a lot of trees in people's front yards and along the streets are so much happier to be in than neighborhoods that just have a lot of brown dirt and concrete?
8) Trees provide homes for animals and provide food. They also provide great places for children to get outside and play on and under.
9) Trees provide resources (sap, wood/paper, fruit, oil, etc) which can provide jobs for remote villages that have no other way of making good money.
10) Trees provide lumber for building things. This is where sustainability is important, if you cut one down you need to plant at least one more if not two!
Please be sure to check out my other important funds too!
Cassie's Help the Ocean Project
Cassie's More Music Fund
Cassie's A Greener Place
Cassie's fund to help Callie's Wolf Quest Fund (I am a team member)
If you make a donation then I will make you a clay animal ,a charm,earrings, necklace, or a glow in the dark animal, to tell you thank you. Just tell me what kind of animal you want. Some examples are a dog with a dog toy or a snake eating a mealworm or an elephant blowing water. If you do not live close to me then my mom will send it to you but then it can only be a paper drawing because it is too expensive to mail sculptures. I live in San Diego, California. Just put your address in the comment box when you donate online.
If you agree with my reasons and my gift then please donate money and help grow 10,000 new trees.
Besides making drawings and sculptures, I also collect cans, bottles, and glass and recycle them. This way I can get more money to help plant more trees.
The name of the charity that I send the money to is Trees For The Future. http://www.plant-trees.org It is the best one. They plant 1 tree for only 10 cents.
People cut down 100 thousand acres of trees each day. All the animals that live there definitely lose their homes and lots of other really bad things happen if the trees do not get help to grow back. One other bad thing is people fight over food. And also global warming happens which hurts animals that live on ice.
If you do not agree with me about planting trees watch this video (on the left) and you will definitely see why. They know how to bring back animals that had to move away and they make old seeds that are waiting in the ground suddenly grow. These are only some of the things they can do with new trees.
I started this fundraiser when I was 8 years old and in 3rd grade. I was in 4th grade when I reached 5,000 trees. I just graduated 5th grade, so I think that means i am in 6th grade now... but I am not so sure of that. Anyway I am not sure if I will stop this fundraiser ever because it is helping so much.
* >>>Cool Math ALERT!!!<<<
"A single mature tree can absorb 48 pounds of carbon dioxide per year and release enough oxygen back into the atmosphere to support 2 human beings." * So when I hit my new goal of 10,000 trees, those 10,000 trees (once mature), can pull 480,000 pounds of carbon dioxide out of the air (and away from the ozone), and can replenish enough oxygen back into the atmosphere to support 20,000 human beings PER YEAR!!!
On average, according to the EPA**, a non-hybrid car (driven 12,000 miles per year getting 21 MPG) produces about 11,243 pounds of carbon dioxide per year. So those 10,000 trees (once mature) can remove just about the same amount of carbon dioxide out of the air as 42.7 cars will put into the atmosphere per year!!!! -
* McAliney, Mike. Arguments for Land Conservation: Documentation and Information Sources for Land Resources Protection, Trust for Public Land, Sacramento, CA, December, 1993