Thank you to our friends who joined us at our annual From Slavery to Freedom Gala to honor NCIS L.A., United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC), and our Seeds of Renewal honoree, Angela Guanzon. The evening was full of inspiration, smiles and promise for a brighter future for victims of modern day slavery and human trafficking. You can view the Seeds of Renewal honoree video that inspired us all below.
IT WAS A GREAT SUCCESS BUT WE STILL NEED YOUR HELP!
The generous contributions from our sponsors and supporters have reached $180,000. However, our goal was to raise $235,000 in order to continue supporting vital shelter and training programs for survivors - including six victims on our current wait list.
You can help right now by donating.
Thank you for being part of our movement to end modern-day slavery. The fact that you are reading this right now means that you share our commitment to creating a world where all human beings live in freedom. I promise you that there is no greater fulfillment than helping a fellow human being become free.
Kay Buck, Executive Director and CEO
Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST)
Here are some of the ways your support helps victims of modern-day slavery:
- $50 - Provides one day of shelter, food, transportation, life-skills training and medical, dental, legal and social services for one survivor of slavery and trafficking.
- $250 - Provides one month of much needed legal services, including helping survivors seek justice at criminal trials against traffickers.
- $500 - Provides one month of food and shelter for one survivor at an undisclosed location where they can feel safe from their captors.
- $750 - Provides one month of food, shelter, clothing, transportation and basic necessities for one survivor.
- $1,000 - Provides public transportation for one month for ten survivors for health/mental and legal/case management appointments, school and job interviews.
- $2,500 - Provides one month of 24-hour hotline services for victims to receive help and escape their trafficking situation.
- $5,000 - Reunites a victim of slavery with their family.
- $10,000 - Provides one year of food, shelter and safety for a survivor and her child.