BENEFITING: GIRLS ON THE RUN OF SOUTH HAMPTON ROADS
EVENT DATE: May 19, 2012
Christabelle Fernandez wrote -
Anyone can train for TOUGH MUDDER. People with one leg can train for marathons. That girl with one arm can still surf after a gruesome fight with that jerk shark.
But can just anyone support an elementary age girl for 3 miles and keep her entertained?
Fortunate for you, you personally know the #1 contender.
Girls on the Run is a life-changing, experiential learning programs for girls age eight to thirteen years old. The programs combine training for a 3.1 mile running event with self-esteem enhancing, uplifting workouts. The goals of the programs are to encourage positive emotional, social, mental, spiritual and physical development. For more information: www.gotrshr.org
Recently, I have joined the Board of the South Hampton Roads affiliate chapter and will give $300 towards my goal. My donation will sponsor 2 young ladies to go through this program. All I’m asking is for a few bucks here and there to help this program available to more. Due to rules, my donation is offline, but I promise you... I stroked the check and cried a bit on the inside too.
What’s my goal you ask? It’s to raise anything above $300. Whoa, dream big! Ask yourself - would the world be a better place without healthy, strong ladies? Of course not, duh. In return, you get my training schedule.
I have to complete the following by May 19th:
- Read all the Twilight books and be able to eloquently defend my stance on Team Edward or Team Jacob.
- Listen to and memorize all of Cody Simpson’s songs. Bieber was so last year.
- Learn all poss pop ABBREVs.
- Is cheerleading considered a sport now?
- Research the newest flavors of Lipsmackers.
- HUNGER GAMES – Peeta or Gale. Yet another tough decision to defend.
- Research whether slap bracelets are still banned from public schools.
- Multiplication and division without a calculator. I don’t know if this one is going to happen.
- Youtube “dubstep”
- Apparently, there’s more than one Narnia… Is that a book or a movie? How many are there??
- Taylor Swift out, Adele in. Easy one. Score.
- Neon myself out, but only certain ones. Some neon’s are left to the 80’s. These girls weren’t even born yet.
- Every waking moment not spent on 1-12 must be spent watching the Disney Channel.
- Is Miley still around or is it her turn for Hollywod rehab?
- Who is Austin and Ally? According to the website - she writes, he rocks.
- I’ve got to figure out how to work a LeapFrog. Are they too old for that?
- Teen Beat. I need a life size poster of whoever is cool now, which makes it a little awkward to explain.
It’s all about investing in the youth and leaving this place better than what it was for us. Join me.