BENEFITING: CENTRAL FLORIDA ANIMAL RESERVE INC
ORGANIZER: CENTRAL FLORIDA ANIMAL RESERVE INC
EVENT DATE: Mar 01, 2015
CENTRAL FLORIDA ANIMAL RESERVE INC wrote -
The Reserve needs your help in building our new location where our cats can live and people can see and experience the awesome presence of these great animals. NOW is the time to give as NOW NEVER WAITS.
After being located in Brevard County, Florida for 18 years, Central Florida Animal Reserve is moving near Forever Florida in Osceola County, Florida. The reserve is dedicated to the preservation of the great cats. The Brevard Board of County Commissioners provided us with a timeframe to remove the facility from its current location due to zoning issues. This coincides with our need to expand our operation to accomplish educational and outreach goals.
The potential ecological, educational, and economic impact of the Central Florida Animal Reserve is as follows:
- Students will be able to engage core standards in a ‘living laboratory’ among some of the rarest creatures in the world
- Expansion of outdoor learning opportunities through real-life application of knowledge
- Learning the value of conservation in conjunction with our educational partners at Forever Florida, an eco-tourism destination
- A destination for kids from primary through secondary education with tiered programs designed to grow with the learner
- Educators will have an opportunity to expand their professional repertoire beyond the classroom with opportunities to lead practical experiences
- It will support college and career readiness by providing more in depth opportunities for specialized subjects such as veterinary care, animal husbandry, construction and design, business and marketing, and more.
- Be a draw to the area and increase the reach and reputation of eco-tourism in Osceola County
- Provide unique experiences that will extend stays in Osceola County and the surrounding region which will benefit service industries such as hotels, restaurants, retail stores, and service stations
- Additionally, the capital improvements and necessary maintenance will require non-outsourced labor opportunities for Osceola residents
- Growth over time will provide potential job opportunities of various levels that include entry level through professional.