BENEFITING: CHILDRENS FLIGHT OF HOPE INC
Children's Flight of Hope (CFOH) provides free air transportation to and from medical facilities for seriously ill and injured children who -- due to medical, financial, or logistical reasons -- cannot reach these treatments by another method.
CFOH has seen great growth in the last few years, going from 77 flights (or "missions" in the aviation world) in 2012 to 197 in 2013. As of 8/15/14, CFOH has provided 151 flights and anticipate ending the year with 250 missions completed. By 2018, we expect to be flying over 800 missions a year. The need exists; we're just trying to keep up with it. Here's a video about what we do and who we do it for: http://youtu.be/kEUxS_8PR70.
Our staff is small. Just our executive director Staci (who raises money) and mission delivery director Haley (who spends it on flights for sick kids). As in any business, data is critical. Data about "our" kids, their families, donors, volunteers, partners, and...well, I could keep going on forever.
We need someone to manage all this data. Someone who will make us better, stronger, faster. Someone who can leverage technology to do cool things that we couldn't otherwise do so we can fly more kids. Someone to keep an eye on the money that Staci brings in and Haley spends. We need an OPERATIONS MANAGER!!
And by a serendipitous series of events, we found the perfect person. Kortney came to us as an intern who left her previous company to learn about nonprofit so she can one day start her own save-the-world kind of place. She has a talent for operations and she fits us like a glove.
There are just two little (really BIG) problems:
1. We had hoped to hire an Operations Manager NEXT year and don't have the funds to do it in 2014, and
2. Kortney can't afford to work for free (she's already working another job at nights just so she can stay here with us during the day).
So...if you make a donation to this campaign, here's what we're going to do:
- Send good karma your way.
- Apply the funds to the Operations Manager salary; depending on how much we collect, we'll determine if this position is full-time or part-time.
- Hire someone for the Operations Manager position. We'll make Kortney interview for it but, in all honesty, we'll probaby hire her because we know her capabilties already.
- Fly more kids (because that's why we're here).
Have questions? We're ready to answer them. Just contact Staci by email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or phone (919.466.8593).
Thanks for helping us fly more kids!