December 12, 2016
BENEFITING: Corporate Accountability International (Infact)
EVENT DATE: Dec 11, 2016
It’s hard to predict what awaits us in January when the Trump administration takes office -- I’ve cycled through fear, anger, disgust, helplessness, and grief over and over. From racism to misogyny, conflicts of interest to climate disaster, the next four years could spell an assault on everything we hold most dear.
There’s one thing we can be sure of, however. Despite campaign promises to curb corporate influence in politics, Trump appointed corporate lobbyists for the likes of Koch Industries and Goldman Sachs as his transition team, making matters worse than ever.
Enough is enough. I don’t have all the answers, but I do know that my organization--Corporate Accountability International--is going to stand up to Trump. That’s why I’m running a 5K on December 11 to challenge corporate power.
Please considering making a gift to Corporate Accountability International. By supporting us, your gift will go towards:
- Holding the fossil fuel industry accountable for its decades of climate change denial, putting us on the brink of climate disaster. And we will push back against the Trump administration’s own climate denialism and attempts to undermine the Paris Agreement.
- Upholding the human right to water by exposing water corporations that privatize water systems, selling it back to cities at a profit by increasing prices and cutting corners on essential water infrastructure. And we will challenge Trump's infrastructure plan, which essentially hands our public water infrastructure into private hands.
- Stopping the tobacco industry’s interference in life-saving public health policies around the world by exposing its corrosive influence and implementing a critical good-governance measure in the global tobacco treaty (Article 5.3 of the FCTC).
- Curbing McDonald's junk food marketing to children by mobilizing millions of people--including parents and teachers--to take action.
- Exposing and stopping corporate-driven, anti-democratic trade agreements like the TPP and T-TIP. (No, Trump didn't stop the TPP -- our progressive movement did.)
...among much more.
Please consider making a gift by December 11th, and sharing this with anyone who would want to support this work. Thank you!