Hi there! :) First of all, thank you so much for coming by and showing some interest in my fundraising initiative. Doing an Ironman distance race (3.8km swim + 180km bike + 42.2km run) has been a huge dream of mine for a long time! And being able to do that together with this fundraising for the MaccaNow Foundation (read below for more info on the foundation) makes the journey even better since I am both following a huge dream of mine and also doing some good for others and making the world a tiny bit better.
I will be writing about this year's journey on my blog. In fact, I already wrote a post in the beginning of the year regarding my plans for 2013. You are also welcome to take a look at my race calendar for this year.
Any donation, no matter how small* would be greatly appreciated. If you have a good idea of something you want me to do in exchange of your donation, please email me with the idea, I am open to suggestions :)
* Apparently crowdrise doesn't completely agree with this, as they have a minimum amount of $10, but I hope that won't scare away some of you who were thinking about donating.
About the MaccaNow Foundation
I am a huge fan of Chris McCormack (Macca), he is one of my biggest inspirations in my (for now) small journey in the triathlon world. He set up the MaccaNow Foundation to commemorate his mother who passed away from breast cancer in 1999. In 2013, Macca’s goal is to raise $50,000 with the help of the MaccaX Community (which I am a part of), to provide assistance to families affected by breast cancer in order to lessen the financial burdens and improve their quality of life.
About the prizes
There are some amazing prizes I can get depending how much I raise. I am not aiming that high here, I just want to raise as much as possible for this great cause on my way to Challenge Copenhagen.
The prizes are:
- If I raise at least $3,000, I get invited to have dinner with Macca two days prior to the race;
- If I raise at least $5,000, I get invited to dinner with Macca two days prior to the race and will receive an autographed Macca race kit;
- If I raise at least $7,500, I get invited to dinner as well as receive an autographed Macca race kit and additional bike products,
- If I raise $10,000 or more, I get all of the benefits listed above, and in addition Macca will go over the race course with me and give me a personal one-on-one personal strategy session on how to attack the course.