With just a few weeks left to make tax-deductible donations, using the campaign update tool to easily and quickly reach every donor who gave to your fundraisers in 2016 is a no-brainer. When you post a campaign update, you are automatically putting your update directly into the email inboxes of all the donors who supported your fundraiser. Plus it shows up at the top of your fundraising page so everyone gets the most recent news. So powerful and cool.
Here are 4 reasons why you should be using this amazing tool in the lead up to December 31st.
1) 29% of annual giving happens in December
These are invested supporters who have a very high likelihood of giving again, especially just before the fiscal tax year ends. In fact, campaigns that post at least one update raise 3x more and have 4x the repeat donor rate. That’s a lot of lift.
2) It’s so easy to use
Posting a campaign update is beyond easy to do. Like ramen easy. This means you can quickly send an update for each of the campaigns you’ve run on CrowdRise. See our step-by-step instructions below for more (which are so easy).
3) Our campaign update emails have a 93%+ reputation rate
That basically means that Google, Yahoo and other email services see campaign updates in a very good light and the vast majority of the time they’re delivered to your donor’s primary inbox. As opposed to the promotions or marketing tab, this is exactly where you want them to land. Which is so great.
4) Our campaign update emails get opened and read 64% of the time
This means that you can break through the noise of the season by using the campaign update tool and get targeted emails right to your donors’ inboxes. On average, the campaign update emails get a 64% open rate. That’s an incredibly high rate and it’s all because these are people who are already invested in your campaign and want to help.
How to Post a Campaign Update
It’s so easy to post a campaign update. You can do it in less than two minutes. Just follow these easy steps.
- Log-in and go to your CrowdRise Dashboard
- On the left side of the page, click on “My Fundraisers”
- Select the fundraiser you want to send an update about
- Scroll to where it says “Post Update”
- Put in an awesome Title that will get your donors excited when they see it (remember, this will be emailed to all of the donors from this specific campaign)
- Insert some compelling text with your latest update (money raised, a news story about the campaign, anything else you think they’d want to know, etc)
- Add a photo. While not required, we’ve found that photo updates get way more engagement and dollars raised
- Hit Preview
- If it all checks out to your liking, hit Publish
- And voila, just like that, your donors are updated
If you’re looking for some great examples of campaign updates, check out what Days for Girls International, Warrior Canine Connection, and Downtown Boxing Gym Youth Program did. They really know what they’re doing. And if you have any questions, please Email Us. We’re standing by to help. But in all honesty we’ll probably be sitting down when we actually help.