BENEFITING: YMCA OF CENTRAL STARK COUNTY
EVENT DATE: Dec 01, 2013
Who We Are
In 2009, CHARACTER COUNTS! in North Canton was initiated. We believe that North Canton is a community with many strengths, and everyone must take responsibility for the moral fabric of our community by teaching, enforcing, advocating and modeling the Six Pillars. For more information go to our website; http://charactercountsnc.com/
What are we going to do with the funds?
Conduct Student Recognition by:
- Expanding our Character Champion Program, K-8
- Delivering T-shirts
- Providing Scholarships
- Developing appropriate recognition program for high school students who show great character
- Coordinating with the Hoover High School Positive Behavior Intervention System (PBIS) which provides prizes for those students.
Conduct Business Recognition by:
- Recognizing those businesses who regularly donate
- Recognizing those businesses who consistently display good character.
- Provide Certificates to all those who donate money or in kind services.
- Award a “Business of Character for the Year” at the North Canton Chamber Annual Dinner.
Provide Business/Government Workshops
- In concert with North Canton Chamber of Commerce and Walsh University
Conduct Community Awareness on Character Education using:
- Signage for supporting businesses
- Public Relations Fliers and “business cards”
Develop and deploy Student programming such as:
- A two day camp during the school year for HS students to help them be aware and proud of the good things they do/can do for others.
- A summer character camp
Sponsor Parent Workshops
- Potential topics to include: building good character at home; raising responsible children; understanding the effects of bullying; developing positive character traits.
- Work with schools to tie in with parent/teacher conference dates
- Co-sponsor with the YMCA/PTA/PTO/Faith Communities.
Provide Teacher & Staff Awareness
- Distribute information about character education to all levels
- Coordinate with existing character building initiatives at all levels