Jordan Monnier via Crowdrise
March 15, 2012
BENEFITING: UNITED WAY OF GREATER CLEVELAND
EVENT DATE: May 20, 2012
*when you donate - please include "CHARDON HEALING FUND" in memo *
*offline donations - checks can be made payable to United Way Services of Geauga County and in the memo line: Chardon Healing Fund *
Feburary 27, 2012 - I was driving to work when I heard the breaking news about a shooting in Chardon High School. My heart sank into my stomach as I watched the developments unvail. I was heart sick over the children that were taken from their families, over the students who are scarred with memories, over the community that was torn apart, and the mentally troubled young boy that caused it. 3 out of the 5 victims are now laid to rest.
Although the tragic day has come and gone, the community faces a long road ahead. They need our support in rebuilding their community and school, and in raising awareness so we can prevent this from tearing any other communtiies apart.
A "Chardon Healing Fund" was created through the United Way of Geauga County. It is an amazing long-term fund that will help to recover this town.
I'm including specifics about the Chardon Healing Fund:
1. This is a fund that will be available to the Chardon community, including individuals, families and local institutions, so that we may aid in the healing of all. Due to the potential long term side effects of this tragedy, this fund will be open indefinitely.
2. The fund will be overseen by an adivsory committee and paid directly to the vendors or services provided on behalf of or for local individuals, families and institutions impacted by the February 27, 2012 Chardon High School tragedy.
3. The Advisory Committee will consist of the following representatives: a school administrator, business professional, community memeber, Chardon High School student parent representative, United Way, local foundation, and a mental health expert.
4. We will do what we can to track each and every gift to the fund. Thank you notes and tax deduction letters will be sent for any gift over $250. We anticipate following up with large donors and the community at large on the general use of funds.
5. 100% of the fudns received will be utilized for the recovery of our community.