EVENT DATE: Jan 18, 2014
Join us in the #1 City in the World and experience the charm and hospitality that has come to make Charleston famous.
Your participation in the Charleston Marathon will help us to raise funds to support fine arts programs in our communnity schools. All proceeds go to the Youth Endowment for the Arts!
Friday, January 17, 2014
11am-8pm: Health and Fitness Expo/Packet pick-up/Late Registration at Burke HS
3:30pm: Youth Marathon
5pm-8pm: Pre-race Dinner
Saturday, January 18, 2014
8am: Charleston Marathon & Half-Marathon start in Charleston by Burke HS at 244 President St, Charleston SC (Ample parkting available at start with shuttle return from Finish in North Charleston)
8am: Shrimp and Grits 5K starts in North Charleston, SC by North Charleston HS
All races finish by North Charleston HS.
9am-4pm: Post-race Celebration/Awards Ceremony- on Montague Ave by N. Charleston HS
All funners receive free shrimp and grits and beer (over 21) at the finish! This street celebration will feature live entertainment, vendors and a kids area.
Shuttles will run from 10am-4pm from the finish to the parking area at the start. Participants receive a one discounted shuttle pass for $2 and can buy additional tickets for family/friends for $3.
There will also be a spectator shuffle for those wanting to see the start and then get transffered to the finish line. it will from from 8am-pam. The cost is $3.
Each transfer requires a shuttle ticket.
Sunday, January 19, 2014
8:30am: Bike Ride 20, 40 and 60 mile options, start and finish at Mamie P. Whitesides Elementary in Mt. Pleasant, SC
· Marathon and Half Marathon course features scenic water views, the Battery, and historic King Street
· Shrimp and Grits 5k run through historic Park Circle in North Charleston
· Finish Line street festival featuring live entertainment, food and drinks and kids fun area
· Indoor, climate controlled Packet Pick-up
· Health and Fitness Expo featuring over 40 vendors
· Awards are 5 deep in age categories
· Youth Marathon Program including local sports characters, awards and kids fun area
All participants receive:
· Long-sleeved Tech shirt featuring a local Charleston Artist
· Free Shrimp and Grits and beer (over 21) at finish line
· Commemorative medal for all finishers
· USTAF Certified Courses
· Marathon is Boston Qualifier
· All courses are flat
· Entertainment along the course
· Ample aid stations with medical support
· Indoor bathrooms at start and finish AND indoor showers at finish
· Ample parking at the start with shuttle return