Judy Decker via Crowdrise
November 03, 2012
Mandy & Matt Cherry wrote -
Our goal is to raise $500 as a couple during our first year as Mr. & Mrs. Cherry for BOGG Ministries!
So how did we come up with this goal? I'll give you the short verision:
- When Mandy and Matt were just friends they were friends with these guys who were both named Jason. (Big Jason & Bald Jason).
- Big Jason & Bald Jason saw a need in the community and both decided to dedicate their lives to it. Sounds a little crazy, but if you knew these guys you would know that nothing else makes sense for them.
- As the ministry grew over the years Mandy and Matt feel in love...with the ministry and each other(awwww!).
- While engaged Matt and Mandy started volunteering the first Saturday of every month & helping with the Christmas gift program as well.
- Big Jason got ordained and married Mandy and Matt on Sept. 22, 2012!! ( It was his very first wedding & we think he rocked it!!) Mandy & Matt highlighted BOGG in small and big ways at their wedding reception.
So WHY do this fundraiser?!
- Dayton needs it! First and foremost the community needs it. Mandy saw first hand working in schools how families went from "making it" to broke when General Motors left.
- To raise awareness about the organization. We have seen the organization start from the ground up. It is the most genuine, loving, organization we know. They go where crisis is too ( Newark, OH for power outages, Kentucky & Missouri after tornados!).
- We want our first year of marriage to be more than just about us! If you were at our wedding it was hopefully easy for you to see how much we not only love each other, but other people as well!
Please consider donating even just five dollars, or coming to volunteer with us one Saturday to see what BOGG is reallly all about!