BENEFITING: FRIENDS OF CHICAGO ANIMAL CARE AND CONTROL INC
EVENT DATE: Sep 25, 2016
It's been a minute since I ran the Chicago Half Marathon! The motivation for me to do this again is one of my favorite causes: Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control. Having the honor to be a board member as well as assist with planning events for FCACC, I am excited to run for them.
I am extremely passionate about saving the lives of Chicago's neediest animals and would be so grateful for any donation received going towards this organization! Below is the mission of FCACC so you can have more details about it.
Thank you so much for taking the time to read this and for your support!
The City of Chicago takes in thousands of unwanted animals every year from citizens, bringing stray animals in off the streets, and provides care for evidence animals in court cases. Contrary to perception, most of these animals are wonderful, loving companion animals–they simply have nowhere else to go. And that’s why Friends of Chicago Animal Care and Control was founded. We’re here to provide help for as many of those unfortunate animals as we possibly can. We do that by:
• Providing food, medical care and adoption opportunities for ACC animals in our foster program
• Spreading awareness about Chicago Animal Care and Control at 2741 South Western
• Educating people about the proper care of their animals
• Advocating humane treatment of all animals
• Gifting the city shelter with resources the city budget doesn’t cover